Tuesday, March 8, 2016

From my desk



Bedside table


Wasn't always a lover of antiques, primitives, or used furniture... I didn't really have any idea of what my style was. When I was growing up, if something became worn out, we threw it away. Through the years I have developed an "eye" for the things I like, and love to search junk sales and estate sales for treasures.  I used to buy, buy...(quite the the gluttonous consumer) but, now I want things that can be used in my everyday life or repurposed. 




A friend gave me this chair and ottoman. She had it kicking around her home, for years. when she moved, she asked me if I wanted them. I grabbed em!






Dated and worn upholstery


My plan is to make is to make look like this.


I have a similar chair on my Country French  Board on Pinterest.

I probably will not start work in it until late May or early June. I will need to pick out paint for the wood, and a durable, and beautiful fabric. No flowers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment