Sunday, September 23, 2012

Seasons

It's starting to look alot like fall. Here in California I am sure it is much more subtle than in the mid west, and back east. The mornings are crisp, and the evenings are cooling off...time for a sweater or hoodie is right around the corner.


It's time to pull the vegetable plants from the garden.  It's not one of my favorite jobs, but sometimes you get some surprises. Very large cucumbers and  just massive eggplants from my garden


The Bryson's  planned for and found this baby in their garden. It weighed close to 2,000 lbs. I certainly would not miss that ....can you imagine the pumpkin pies you could make. 

Speaking of pumpkin pies and the wonderful smell when they are  baking...I bought some scented candle squares to make me more in the mood for the change in the season. Pumpkin pie and carrot spice cake should get me in the mood.


I included the brown sugar and caramel, butterscotch      candies,because they are just plain yummy. It is also the time of year that we start buying those big bags of candy for the trick or treat...unfortunately lots of those bags are gone before the end of September. 

Autumn is one of my favorite seasons, and my only regret is that it doesn't last long enough. A 1945 french song."Les Feuille mortes"
or as we know it, "Autumn Leaves"


The falling leaves drift by the window
The autumn leaves of red and gold
I see your lips, the summer kisses
The sun-burned hands I used to hold

Since you went away the days grow long
And soon I'll hear old winter's song
But I miss you most of all my darling
When autumn leaves start to fall

C'est une chanson, qui nous ressemble
Toi tu m'aimais et je t'aimais
Nous vivions tous, les deux ensemble
Toi que m'aimais moi qui t'aimais
Mais la vie sépare ceux qui s'aiment
Tout doucement sans faire de bruit
Et la mer efface sur le sable les pas des amants désunis



The French translation is "Dead Leaves"

No comments:

Post a Comment