Friday, March 4, 2016

Spring is here!

Dear Spike is playing it cool, almost looks like he is roosting  on dirt filled pot...just waiting to see what I do next....
cleaning out all the weeds in the inner courtyard


Entry from the street, to courtyard 





Remnants of what was a lovely garden
The front of the property looks like a meadow, my poppies return every year, such a happy sight



My most recent purchase is a olive tree. The 50 year old guava tree that was the  center piece for my mother in law"s original "mound" in front of the courtyard, finally succumbed to the drought conditions.






In 2014, weed control mat, gravel, and the existing river rock was applied to the "mound" and the inner court yard (lawn) Obviously, it did not do well at all...after the rain, everything bloomed! I have weeds that I have never seen before.




Hugh Lavender plant

Inner courtyard:

Pulled out the weeds, and found that my sage plants made it through the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment